Monday, June 29, 2009

I found a weakness


I have found a way to make Evan listen!
I've found the weakness, now it's time to exploit it!
Toys!

Simple right but I was surprised at how well it works? He doesn't listen...take away a toy. He doesn't do as he's told...take away a toy. It's got to be a big one of course, a favorite. His Dodge dancing truck, his bike, his Thomus train stuff, his Cars, cars etc.


So far he's helped clean his play room. Stayed in the yard and not gone out the front door. (I took away his bike for the day for that one, so far no more making a brake for it.


Today we started the no holds bard potty training. He's in big boy underpants (super cute) no more pull-ups until bed time. I'm just dealing with the laundry. Since Earl's off work this week there's an extra set of eyes and ears, so I thought it was a good week to really work at it. It simply means bringing extra cloths everywhere we go, along with a safeway bag for peepee cloths of course. So far today he hasn't gone on the potty, but he tells us he's wet, so at least he's uncomfortable enough to not want to do it again, and again, and again.

We now had to offer money (pennies) as a reward. He loves dropping coins into his piggy bank, so we thought we would give that a try to motivate him. I'm planning on giving him a plastic baggy for his back pack so that when we're out he can put his pennies in the baggy and load them when we get home.


Well that's really all my news. I'll keep you updated on my potty and discipline battle.


Have a good day!

1 comment:

Annieann77 said...

Good to hear you are trying out the "big boy undies"! It will be messy and more work but I'm sure worth it in the long run!! Miss you, we should get together next weekend or maybe during the week?