Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Yaahooo!!!!! I actually got some sleep last night! Evan went down to bed at 9pm and didn't come into our room till 7:30! I was so proud of him. He got a special Thomus the Train puffy sticker that I've been saving for very proud moments. I'm hoping this will be a good incentive for him to keep up the good work. A rested Mom is a happy mom after all. My fatigue was starting to hit narcoleptic proportions!
Stickers seem to be the ticket for my boy. He loves them! They're cheep! I love them too. But I think I have to get him a sticker book or something because I keep finding them all over the house. On the tv stand, some of his toys, on the bottom of my socks! I find my feet sticking to the floor sometimes! lol Yup a book is definitely in order! Dollar store here I come!
Well that's pretty much my news. My 1st doc appointment was moved to this coming Monday. (don't ask, lets just say I was once again ready to punch the receptionist in the nose, but she's been fired, so yippy no more screw ups) Anyway so Monday at
3:45 it is.
I also had a doc appointment with our family doctors for 2 reasons. I've been going in every three months about Evan's talking or lack there of. I also wanted to let Dr Anderson know about #2. He was happy that there would soon be another baby in his practice, and gave me a congratulating pat on the back. I said was I was getting rather concerned about the talking issues. I explained about how Evan doesn't get "L" he moves his tong from side to side instead of up and down. This has me concerned, take notice when you talk, your tong is constantly moving up and down! That motion seems like a very important skill for regular talking. Dr Anderson understood my concerns, said he still wasn't overly concerned with the issue, but asked if I wanted to be refereed to a pediatrician who in turn will refer me to a speech therapist. I said heck yes, lets get this ball rolling! I don't want to be dealing with first time speech appointments and a new born at the same time. Maybe if we start earlier we can nip this in the butt before it gets worse. Yes I feel guilty, no I don't really think its all my fault. Being a parent is weird!
Well that's all for me today ladies.
Have a good weekend!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Well in one hour is my 1st doc appointment with Dr Coe. Here's hoping he gets the ball rolling. I've felt rather powerless for the last 11 weeks with no real medical proof that baby #2 is on the way. When I hear the heart beat, start getting blood work, ultrasound appointments etc, then all this will be real. Then I'll start stressing about getting the house ready. lol. I guess there's always something.
On the BBB front last night went rather well. I read that we have to just dooke it out, have a battle of wills. I usually win those so I was confident going in:
Here's the steps, relativly simple:
1. Tell them it's bed time in an upbeat loving voice and escort them to their bed.
Evan's reaction: brack down-temper tantrum-threw up (only a little)
My reaction: cleaned up throw up (not the first time-wow Evan throws up a lot- I'm rather used to it now), changed Evan contued to step 2.
2. Tell them its bed time in a calm but firm voice and escort them back to bed.
Evan's reaction: brack down-temper tantrum-no throw up this time.
My reaction: went and sat at the end of my bed peeking into the room. He could see me too.
3. Every time they leave the bed say nothing and escort them back.
Evan's reaction: after 5 escorts-total battle time 1 hour: down to whimpering, sat at the end until he passed out and fell backward.
My reaction: A happy dance that involved some moves stolen from John Travolta. I entered room moved Evan to the middle of the bed safely between the bed rails.
Result: He slept most of the night. At 12:30 we had a Sam related incident but Evan returned to sleep when the cat was removed from his head. He again woke at 6:30 and by then my will was gone, he slept with us until 8:30.
Well there you go ladys. It works. I hope you file the 3 step BBB or BGB program until you need it.
Have a good one!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Well its now the morning of the 3rd night since Evan has been moved to a big boy bed. At first he was getting so upset about bed time he would instantly throw up every where. So I've made us a doc appointment to make sure its not acid reflux. Apparently its quite common in toddlers when they get really upset. If he doesn't have it then he's doing it for attention, which means I can feel less sorry for him and more firm with him.
Each night is getting progressively better. The first night I spent more time in his bed then my own, the second night he slept for about 4 whole hours before the crying started. Then last nights awakes may have been more of a result of Sam coming into the room and snuggling Evan out of a sound sleep. He'll just have to get used to Sam, or used to sleeping with his door closed.
We've now nick named 4 of Evan's stuffies "The bed time 4" Spider Man, Tiger, Elephant and blue puppy make up the group. God forbid the bed time four isn't in bed when Evan is. When he was in his crib we would go through them and show Evan they where there, puppy would lick his face, elephant would make his semi elephant noise etc. Since we've been waiting for Evan to fall a sleep in our arms down stairs then carry him upstairs the bed time 4 have gone to the back burner. I figure we'll get him sleeping through the night in his new bed, then we'll work on the bed time routine again. Call me crazy but cleaning up throw up every night isn't fun, so screw it! I'm doing the no cry method, I don't have the energy for anything else.
I'm all dried up on the energy! The sleepless nights are only adding to my hormonal grumpiness. Well here's hoping Evan sleeps through the night, I may try and close the door to keep Sammy out. Evan can open it if he needs me. I'll let you know how it goes!
Luv ya ladies.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
1. The wedding was beautiful. Since we where there a day early we helped out at the hall getting everything set up. I of course was put on decorating duty. It was fun to be able to visit with my Aunt and Uncle, cousin Warren and Kendra the bride of course. If we had arrived later I fear we wouldn't have gotten any visiting at all. You know how weddings are, the bride and family are soooo busy. I'm glad we went early. Evan spent most of his time running, after the flower girl Katlyn (age 2 as well) she was super cute. He also ran with my second cousins 2 year old Collin. They where so cute, they hugged a lot. He didn't nap at all while we where there of course. More on Evan and sleeping later.
2. My family is getting old! I have to come to grips with the fact that I'm aging and so there for so are my uncles, aunts, second cousins etc. It scares me to think they may not be around much longer.
3. It was very emotional! I know my preggy hormones have a lot to do with that. But I found it both wonderful and kinda hard to be there. I know my uncle Denny and his family are close to auntie Yvonne and her family. I honestly felt like the black sheep a little at times, but weirdly a welcome black sheep. It was a little hard to look at my auntie, she's a picture of my mom. Being with them all brings back memories. It wasn't till we went to leave that my auntie really showed how she felt about my being there. She hugged me for what seemed forever, said she we so happy I came, she said she wanted to make this hug last, she misted up and of course so did I wondered what it would have been like if my mom was still around. Would my family have been closer? Would we have seen them more often? Probably. There where so many ppl there that knew me, but I of course didn't know them. They talked about my mom, said she was a wonderful lady. I meet a lady that lived next door to her, she gave my mom a "hair cut" my Grama Lawson was furious. It was both hard and nice to hear those things.
4. Yellow head highway from here to Daughen should be re named "Road Kill Highway" OMG every few kms there's something dead on the road. It was gross! Hey I know we're in an election and all but come on get some one out there with a shovel pls!
5. One sort of bad development regarding Evan. He refused to sleep in his play pen. He would get so worked up he would throw up! So we had to lay him on one of the beds and sleep with him. When we got home he again refused to sleep in his crib. Okay, so we had no choice we where exhausted so he slept in our bed. So yesterday we got him a twin big boy bed. Took him to Walmart to pick his bedding, set it up, put the side rails on etc. He passed out and slept in it for 5 hours last night, then woke up with a rather bad fever. So again he ended up in our bed. So I'm not sure if he's just not feeling well, he doesn't like his new bed, or he's just feeling insecure. We left his crib in the room as well so we/he has a choice. We're planning on pushing the subject big time tonight. No more sleeping with mom and dad! We'll stay up all night if we have to! The answer is a resounding NO!
Well that's about it. The trip was good but I'm feeling more tired after this trip then when we went to see my sister! Must be peanuts fault.
Well that's it for me today. Hope everyone had a great Turkey day! Don't forget to vote!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
When I said May15th I was just guessing. Well I went on line to a due date calculator and it seems I was off by 10 days. According to the calculator my due date is May 6th. So there you have it! May 6th it is.
Now that I reflect on it I'm glad we didn't wait to get peggers in the winter for the following reasons.
1. New born in the middle of winter, bundle them up, freeze lungs etc. etc.
2. If my sister's family and us get together in May we can celebrate new baby and Avleen's birthdays together which would be fun.
3. Okay I just couldn't wait any longer. That's probly my #1 reason.
I had super vivid dreams last night. I remember only small parts but I dreamed I was having a girl. I have had dreams about 2 blond boys before too so I'm not going to let this get in my head. But I am really hoping for a pink one this time. lol.
Well that's it for me today. Have a good one ladies!
Monday, September 15, 2008
That said, I got my first bout of heart burn last night. Between Evan being awake from 1-3 and my heart burn I'm feeling rather tired and yup super grumpy.
Our new garage is now half shingled. Earl should be home from work early and hopefully him and Tracy and finish the job in the next few days. Which means we can move on to finishing up the brick. The end is so near I can taste it! Have I said I can't wait for it to be done? I must have. lol
Oh Happy B-day Leanne!
That's it for me. Have a good one!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
My life is once again like this picture a tranquil garden. Well until tomorrow when Evan wakes up (it's 12:40am) Earl bangs on the garage and tells me he's riping boards off the deck today, the dogs get into the garbage again, the cats cry for food, the laundry baskets get full, the dishwasher needs to be emptied, my tummy does the crappy thing, and my hormones take off with my brain again causing me to cry for no reason, etc, etc, etc. But despite all that daily crap it's ten times better knowing I will never have to deal with that job again. I guess we'll see where the next opening door leads me. I'm hoping to a clean job, but I'm not going to eliminate plant related jobs all together. I truly felt at peace there. I must have been a farmer in another life or something.
I talked to Earl and reminded him of his past job quiting/firing transgressions. I convinced him to agree. Especially after I said I didn't care if he bought a massive truck as long as he didn't make me go back there ever again. He was joking, I was however not! He knew I was serious. He agreed and I quite!
It was like a brick wall was lifted off my shoulders. No more job stress, no more dread for my next shift, no more pressure. Well, except the actual telling work part.
I wrote a letter explaining my decision and Earl drove me. I walked into the green house Jo (Joeanne) and Marlynne where there, 2 of the ppl I loved the most. I explained and they understood. All three of us had a bitch session right there in the Green House. I'm hoping someone in that store steps up to the plate and verbally slaps that stupid man! I tried to do it in my letter but I can't be outright bitchy. I think I got my point across in a professional manor. I can only hope that having it in writing will help them see there's a big issue. But as if they didn't know, it's apparent even to the customers! Jo volunteered happily to deliver my letters to both my team lead and the store manager. I love Jo, lol, she's wonderfully rough around the edges. There was hugs, goodbyes and good lucks. It felt good that I could tell them in person and that they understood my reason for leaving.
Well that's it for me today. I'll be there Sat! I'm looking forward to it! Leanne I'll bring those cloths for you
Grrrrrrr! I might just quite! But what am I going to do other wise. I may talk to Earl and just quite without notice. They treat us like crap! Why shouldn't I treat them the same. The only thing that sucks about it is I'll be putting the 2 people I do like in the position of working alone. That's my main complaint, it makes the job soooo stressful. I should be trying to eliminate stress not add to it. I dread going to work, the thought of going made me grumpy before I had added hormones. I work alone all the time its either lonely and boring or stressful and way to busy for one person to handle! I sometimes cover up to 3 sections, 2 of which I have never been trained for. I don't know jack about leaf blowers, BBQ's, and weed eaters. I know even less about wiring, breaker boxes and yes even light bulbs! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!! How am I supposed to be helping these people! (beep-beep-beepen Manager open your eyes!)
I guess those jobs are a dime a dozen still. I could probably have another job in a week tops. Maybe at a clothing store? Something less dirty? Less lifting? Less chemicals and dust flouting around the air? I don't know. I guess I'll talk to Earl and look around. I may see you Sat.
I really want to see you ladies! I miss you!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
As you all know I am currently preggers with my second child.
I may not be writing much, but I needed an outlet to voice my concerns and probably just my wonderings.
Despite the fact that I've done this all before I find myself having the same concerns as before along with some new ones:
1. Evan is so perfect! Could this baby end up being the opposite of that?
2. How am I going to juggle 2 kids?
3. How am I going to deal with a 2 year old and preggy hormones all at the same time! We all know how crazy emotional I am to begin with!
4. My job is so much more physical and stressful then the last one, how much longer am I going to be able to work there?
5. I really don't want to get all fat again, I've worked so heard!
That's it I'm going to make charts, follow the diet instructions in my books.
I'm only going to have 2 cups of coffee a day.
I'm going to take some time for me! I haven't been out on my own with out Earl or Evan for Months! It's time to put my foot down once again. But there is so much to do! Finish the yard, put in the flooring, move Evan to a big boy bed, finish potty training, move Evan to the next room and repaint his old room! Think Pink Everyone!
That's just an over view. My mind is swimming with questions, with thoughts. I'm hoping my book will give me some answers but it's heard to find the time to read. I'm on the diet part of the book now. I'm going to formulate a plan, and try to stick with it. The book says that cravings aren't going to happen as bad this time round. I only had 1 or 2 cravings with Evan so here's hoping my body skips that calorie fest all together.
Well that's all for me today. Come back soon!