Friday, October 17, 2008

Big boy bed OMG what an under taking!



Well its now the morning of the 3rd night since Evan has been moved to a big boy bed. At first he was getting so upset about bed time he would instantly throw up every where. So I've made us a doc appointment to make sure its not acid reflux. Apparently its quite common in toddlers when they get really upset. If he doesn't have it then he's doing it for attention, which means I can feel less sorry for him and more firm with him.

Each night is getting progressively better. The first night I spent more time in his bed then my own, the second night he slept for about 4 whole hours before the crying started. Then last nights awakes may have been more of a result of Sam coming into the room and snuggling Evan out of a sound sleep. He'll just have to get used to Sam, or used to sleeping with his door closed.

We've now nick named 4 of Evan's stuffies "The bed time 4" Spider Man, Tiger, Elephant and blue puppy make up the group. God forbid the bed time four isn't in bed when Evan is. When he was in his crib we would go through them and show Evan they where there, puppy would lick his face, elephant would make his semi elephant noise etc. Since we've been waiting for Evan to fall a sleep in our arms down stairs then carry him upstairs the bed time 4 have gone to the back burner. I figure we'll get him sleeping through the night in his new bed, then we'll work on the bed time routine again. Call me crazy but cleaning up throw up every night isn't fun, so screw it! I'm doing the no cry method, I don't have the energy for anything else.

I'm all dried up on the energy! The sleepless nights are only adding to my hormonal grumpiness. Well here's hoping Evan sleeps through the night, I may try and close the door to keep Sammy out. Evan can open it if he needs me. I'll let you know how it goes!

Luv ya ladies.

2 comments:

Jordanna said...

yikes...thats crazy...maybe i just want puppies lol

Annieann77 said...

WOW - sounds like you are having a somewhat rough time with the new bed time bed but it sounds like it is getting better? Don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad you share your horror stories it gives me a sneak peak at what might be in store for us and maybe I might be able to avoid these situations thanks to you going through it for us!? ;)

We really need to get together for coffee (preferrably no kids) but I'll take what I can get! I'll call you early next week and set a date!

Hang in there!! You're doing great!