Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We're Back


Well we're back early. My uncle had a friend emergency to attend to so we headed home right after the gift opening on Sunday. We arrived home very late Sunday night, or if you like very early Monday morning. Here's the highlights and some things I noticed:


1. The wedding was beautiful. Since we where there a day early we helped out at the hall getting everything set up. I of course was put on decorating duty. It was fun to be able to visit with my Aunt and Uncle, cousin Warren and Kendra the bride of course. If we had arrived later I fear we wouldn't have gotten any visiting at all. You know how weddings are, the bride and family are soooo busy. I'm glad we went early. Evan spent most of his time running, after the flower girl Katlyn (age 2 as well) she was super cute. He also ran with my second cousins 2 year old Collin. They where so cute, they hugged a lot. He didn't nap at all while we where there of course. More on Evan and sleeping later.


2. My family is getting old! I have to come to grips with the fact that I'm aging and so there for so are my uncles, aunts, second cousins etc. It scares me to think they may not be around much longer.


3. It was very emotional! I know my preggy hormones have a lot to do with that. But I found it both wonderful and kinda hard to be there. I know my uncle Denny and his family are close to auntie Yvonne and her family. I honestly felt like the black sheep a little at times, but weirdly a welcome black sheep. It was a little hard to look at my auntie, she's a picture of my mom. Being with them all brings back memories. It wasn't till we went to leave that my auntie really showed how she felt about my being there. She hugged me for what seemed forever, said she we so happy I came, she said she wanted to make this hug last, she misted up and of course so did I wondered what it would have been like if my mom was still around. Would my family have been closer? Would we have seen them more often? Probably. There where so many ppl there that knew me, but I of course didn't know them. They talked about my mom, said she was a wonderful lady. I meet a lady that lived next door to her, she gave my mom a "hair cut" my Grama Lawson was furious. It was both hard and nice to hear those things.


4. Yellow head highway from here to Daughen should be re named "Road Kill Highway" OMG every few kms there's something dead on the road. It was gross! Hey I know we're in an election and all but come on get some one out there with a shovel pls!


5. One sort of bad development regarding Evan. He refused to sleep in his play pen. He would get so worked up he would throw up! So we had to lay him on one of the beds and sleep with him. When we got home he again refused to sleep in his crib. Okay, so we had no choice we where exhausted so he slept in our bed. So yesterday we got him a twin big boy bed. Took him to Walmart to pick his bedding, set it up, put the side rails on etc. He passed out and slept in it for 5 hours last night, then woke up with a rather bad fever. So again he ended up in our bed. So I'm not sure if he's just not feeling well, he doesn't like his new bed, or he's just feeling insecure. We left his crib in the room as well so we/he has a choice. We're planning on pushing the subject big time tonight. No more sleeping with mom and dad! We'll stay up all night if we have to! The answer is a resounding NO!


Well that's about it. The trip was good but I'm feeling more tired after this trip then when we went to see my sister! Must be peanuts fault.


Well that's it for me today. Hope everyone had a great Turkey day! Don't forget to vote!

No comments: