Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I finally got my garden!



Well now that the garage has a roof and 4 walls Earl was able to move on to other things! I finally got my dirt! I know, I know it sounds funny but one can't have a garden with out dirt. We also finally started laying some brick! It's starting to look so great! Exactly what I wanted, a cute cottage garden. Like old England with a modern twist.
I got to plant the perennials I got on sale before they froze and I also got to plant some bulbs for the very first time! I can't wait till spring when my dwarf irises, daffodils, crocus, 20 tulips and last but not least 4 bearded iris's all in different colours pop up out of the dirt. The bearded irises get to be about 34" tall! With huge blooms almost 6" across. Like the picture above. I got two pinkish ones, a purple and white one and a black one! I know, I know, I'm weird, but flowers bring me such joy. I think I spent a lot of time in the gardens Sylvia Brown says are on the other side, seeing things grow, and plants in general give me a sense of peace. To bad my job turned to crap, I did enjoy the plant part of it.
Not to much on the preggy front. I'm watching my diet. Eating tones of veggi's, protean, and making sure I get the 3 servings of V-C a day. Not to mention taking my pre N Vitamin. I'm still super tired most of the time, so I've been napping when Evan does. I cleaned the whole top floor of the house this morning and I felt like I just ran a marathon! My tummy sounded like a T-Rex. I made sure Evan and I went outside for an hour. One because it was a gorgeous day and two because that fresh air seems to tucker him out faster. There are so few days left that are good for out side play, I'm going to enjoy it before the long, boring, cooped up winter starts. I hope it doesn't rain tonight so I can take Evan to the park first thing in the morning.
Well that's it for me ladies. Have a good Thurs!

No comments: